Storybooks 3.2 is out with a new React Native on device UI 🙌🏻! This means you can navigate your storybooks on device now and will help with manual testing. Great work Storybook team! 👏🏻
Amazing project that allows you to run a NodeJS instance in React Native. Unfortunately Android only for now but will be keeping 👀 on this one to see how it evolves.
Really useful VS Code plugin that shows the size cost of adding a module.
Around the Web
Awesome series here from Simon Tucker. We're currently using Apollo in our app and we love it! If you're interested in using GraphQL in your app you have to check this series out.
React Native 0.47 is out! 🎉
As our app gets more complex I dread upgrading a little more with each release. Here's to hoping that it gets a bit easier in the future! We will be upgrading this week as we're still on 0.44 😮.
- New documentation including a Components and APIs Overview, supporting custom require types, and new handling touches
- Add support for nested Virtualized Lists
setNativePropsadded to FlatList
react-native linksupport for native modules developed in Kotlin 👏🏻
- Better stacktrace reporting from native modules
nativeIDprop to allow native code to reference react managed views
React Native Monthly #2
I find these monthly meetings are great for getting updates on the biggest players in the React Native space. This past week the second monthly meeting took place and you can read all the notes here.
- AirBnB is working on a Material Palette API and a native iOS kit
- Expo has added initial support for installing npm packages in Snack
- Facebook is looking at embedding native ComponentKit and Litho components into React Native
- Wix is making a lot of progress with their Detox testing tool. Additionally their working on Detox for Android 🙂
The awesome Apollo team announced Apollo Server 1.0 this week and opened up a free tier for their Apollo Optics. Get all the details at the link above.